Yesterday, I was honored to receive the Mel Greenberg Media Award at the 2016 Women’s Final Four in Indianapolis, with all of my immediate family in attendance. Sherri Coale, the head coach of the University of Oklahoma, for whom I have a great deal of respect and admiration, surprised me by joining in the presentation of the award after Mel Greenberg introduced me.
Today, I have great empathy for anyone who has received an award and had a short period of time to make acceptance remarks. There wasn’t any music cuing me to get off stage, but I was the first award recipient of six during a 30-minute period and knew I needed to be brief and I didn’t get to say everything I wanted. So, I’ll say it here… Continue reading
Thirty years ago, Ann Stockton died as a result of a motorcycle accident. In the 19 years she was on earth, she lived life to the fullest. She loved to have fun, had a huge smile, always made sure everyone felt special and lived life large. She was a great athlete and excelled in many sports in high school before going to college. She was my best friend and even though I knew her for less than six months, she has had a significant on impact on my life.
If you’re interested in where I’ll be during the basketball season, here are the highlights. I’ll be posting my upcoming schedule each week during the season:
- Primary analyst for the Big 12 Conference Package on FOX Sports
- Play-by-play announcer for select ESPN regular season and NCAA tournament broadcasts
- Featured Play-by-play announcer for SEC Network Monday Night broadcasts
- Analyst for select Big Ten Network games
- Lead Play-by-Play announcer for the Missouri Valley Conference broadcasts on ESPN3
- Analyst on select IMG Sports/ESPN3 Kansas women’s basketball broadcasts
- ART Telestrator Producer for ESPN’s broadcast of NCAA Women’s Final Four